Friday, December 18, 2009

Congratulations

I heard from my human Cindy that her students graduated yesterday. What does THAT mean? She seems conflicted: both happy and sad. Maybe I should graduate, too?

Nah, I'll just take a nap as is par for the course.

Also, she told me a student requested that I start a book club. I think it's a great idea because I know I'll be doing lots of reading w/Cindy during her winter break. So, here's the first of "Belial's Best Book of the Week."

Belial's Best Book:
How the Grinch Stole Christmas, by Dr. Seuss. This is a classic holiday tale about a Scrooge-like character who messes up "the big day" for all the Whos in Whoville. DON'T BOTHER w/the Jim Carrey movie version; the book is true magic. (ISBN: 9780394800790)

Weather: Cold, cold, cold at night.
I seek refuge under the bed covers most nights
to soak up my humans' warmth.

1 comment:

  1. a book club? i'm in. recently finished a book called morality play. so difficult for me. impressed by the writer(barry unsworth)'s observation in life. he seems full of wisdom in the book. reading that book feel like suffering yet loving...

    then i turned to an easy and relax one, where the red fern grows, could not drop it till the end. rescued my day. first time i touched books during breaks since maybe high school.

    ReplyDelete